The Elegoo Mars is an SLA Printer which prints from a vat of liquid resin versus using a hot end and plastic filament.
Thank you to Elegoo for donating our cool new Mars printer.
This is the printer we are using - https://amzn.to/3fcxhUr
YouTube video for how to use is here:
Elegoo has a couple other NEW models that are really cool:
It works out like this:
- Mars - Standard version with color screen - https://amzn.to/38CQIEb or at https://elegoo.com/mars - 4.72*2.68*6.1 inches
- Mars Pro - Pro version of the color screen - https://amzn.to/3cwXDA7 or at https://elegoo.com/marspro - 4.53in (L) * 2.56in (W) * 5.9in (H)
- Mars 2 - Standard version Monochrome screen - https://amzn.to/2NebliA or at https://elegoo.com/mars2 - 5.08in(L)*3.15in(W)*5.90in(H) - Current favorite. Ask JC why not to get the Pro
- Mars 2 Pro - Pro version of the Monochrome screen - https://amzn.to/2OmKW2S or at https://elegoo.com/mars2pro - 5.08in(L)*3.15in(W)*6.30in(H)
- And the MEGA SLA printer, the SATURN - https://elegoo.com
Some of the basic Items you will need for using the Elegoo Mars
- Resin - Comes in three types
- ABS Like
- New Plant Based Resin - (??? for those who like to eat their resin? NO NO NO, Don't do that!!)
- https://amzn.to/3B3Lqy5 - Elegoo - Black, Translucent, Clear Green, White
- Water Washable
- https://amzn.to/35o5Anf - Elegoo - A Few Colors
- High Resolution
- Jewelry Castling - These will burnout and leave no ash.
- https://powerresins.com/ - Burn
- 99% Isopropyl Alcohol - https://amzn.to/3gJqIc5
- Filters and Funnel
- To get the resin back in the bottle
- Resin Tank
- FEP Film Sheets
- This is the clear plastic on the bottom of the tanks, they do wear out or get scratched and need to be replaced.
- FEP Sheets, Pack of 5 - https://amzn.to/3bXUFTK
- Build Plate
- It's nice to have your own, so you can just swap and go if there is a print waiting for someone to take it off.
- Build Plate - https://amzn.to/2VTWCLo
- Standard set of tools for 3D prints
- Some tips from Anthony Lesnik