Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

(please submit agenda items to membership president by first day of the month)

 


 

Meetings are held on first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM, all are welcome

  1. New Faces / New Member Introductions - Please give us a 30 second 'elevator pitch' introduction (What brings you to Makersmiths? Interests? Your background or profession? Etc.?)
    1. Chris Borneman
    2. Chelsa Lewis
    3. Logan Kinney
    4. Richard Morrison
    5. Jennifer Alves
    6. Jon Armstrong
    7. Brett Budzier
    8. Jared Clarkson
    9. Darrell Duane
    10. Ed Gabb
    11. Paul Gernhardt
    12. Sharri Jinnah

  2. Associates to Full Members
    1. Chris Dinger

  3. Membership - Mark M.
    1. 93 members --> 28 members needed to make a quorum  (See Section 5.6.4 of Bylaws)
    2. 53 FTE memberships
    3. 92 active members
    4. 11 new members in last 30 days, 6 new members in last 7 days

  4. Board of Directors Elections
    1. Elections Committee
      1. Chairman - Jamil Scott
      2. Two more openings - We need ya....   __________________________________________________ and ________________________________________________
    2. Elections to be held at June Member Meeting
    3. At least two positions open, possibly four.

  5. Makersmiths-Purcellville Soft Opening
    1. Successful Soft Opening - Open for public use while continuing to improve facility
    2. Let's get the word out !   Let's get the calendar filled with classes and events !
    3. Three Soft Opening Drawing Winners for Free Class - Michael J.

  6. Board of Directors Report - Brandon or Brad
    1. Surplus Items Sale - Michael J.
    2. New New Member Orientation Class - John D.
    3. First Annual Volunteer of the Year Award - Dave and Diane Painter

  7. Committee Reports
    1. New Member Orientation Committee (Chairperson John Dubelko)
    2. Membership Committee (Chairperson Jessee M)
    3. Social Outreach Committee:  (Chairperson Jessee M)
      1. Call for Bloggers - Jessee
      2. Loudoun County Employees Discount - First Month Free when signed up - Mark
    4. Leesburg Facility Committee (Chairperson Brad Hess)
    5. Purcellville Facility Committee (Chairperson TBD)
    6. Training Committee (Chairperson TBD)
    7. Special Projects / Events Committee (Chairperson Mike Werling)
      1. Leesburg Flower and Garden Show - Mike W.
      2. First Fridays - Diane or Jennifer
      3. Round Hill Festival? - Diane (app not submitted)
      4. Maker Showcase - Diane
      5. Booth in a Box - 
        1. Concept that Mike W. and other have suggested; that we create A) an indoor booth in a box with minimum pieces in order to put up an appearance, I.E.  tablecloth with logo on front, folding backdrop with pictures on velcro, something blinky and noisy to attract attention and good way to capture names, email address and phone numbers of potential contacts and B) an outdoor booth in a box with 10x10 pop-up, portable table with tablecloth with logo on front, folding backdrop with pictures on velcro, something blinky and noisy to attract attention and good way to capture names, email address and phone numbers of potential contacts.
        2. Allon has 10x10 pop-up but it needs a new top
        3. Brad has 10x10 pop-up with top (frame is damaged, but top is reusable)
        4. Volunteers for coordinating A) indoor box and B) outdoor box - _________________________________________ and  ___________________________________________
    8. Signage Committee (Chairperson Mark Millsap)
      1. Signs made for both MS-P and MS-L.   MS-L sign needs to be put up.  Then will start on 'shingle style' sign.
      2. Directional Signage request for MS-P (to direct folks from south gate to upper building) (suggest signs that are visible at night (reflective vinyl?????) - Dave Painter
        1. Volunteers to make signage - ____________________________________________________  and  ______________________________________________________


  8. Member Submitted feedback/issues/agenda items
    1. Every other Friday - Crafters / Open Project Nights - Anyone else able to do other Fridays? - Jessee
    2. May 10th - Nova Labs Maker Market Night - Presentation by Jessee ! !    -  Also have table / booth - who want's to use?
  • No labels