(please submit agenda items to membership president by first day of the month)
Meetings are held on first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM, all are welcome
Introduce New Members
- No New Members in attendance
Membership 155 Members, 112 Memberships, 78.2 FTE 10 new-members as of August 27th
Finances $45K in the bank as of August 27th
Safety in Purcellville (Dave P.) / Talk about what to do when a piece of equipment stops working
while you are using it.
- New idea for regular open hours in Leesburg
- We need volunteers for Open Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday nights in Leesburg. Purcellville TBD
- New Member Orientation Committee:
- We need more help running the orientations
- Social Outreach:
- We are working with N.O.M. to do a video tour of the space and a few interviews to go along with a new YouTube channel they (Jessee) are putting together
- Scheduling: Diane
- The "organizing & running a Makersmiths Class PDF" manual has been updated
- We need instructors for fall classes: 3D printing, welding, etc.
- Purcellville: Dave
- The blacksmith shed has a new roof and anvil.
- Hoping for classes and projects in a few weeks.
- Blacksmith workday Saturday: 9/8 9am start.
- Cow Train - what are we doing with it?
- New manual tire changing machine. Contact
- Leesburg: Brad
- Workday - Saturday 9/14 & Sunday 9/15
- Special Projects: Mike W.
- Library DIY festival - 9/28 & 9/29
- Kid Wind - April 10, 2020
- Welding: On demand classes by requests
- Ceramics: Jen
- IT: Michael
- Membership - Looking for Chairperson
- Fund Raising - Looking for Chairperson
- Tool Stewards - Are you a Steward? Can you please message Erin with a photo of yourself and what you are a steward of.
What did you Make? Member presentation
- Arcade Build Nights? Join the #arcadebuildgroup on SLACK if you are interested