- Define the role of the scouting committee and the mission we wish to fulfill.
- Support T251 with any needs, if we can, but also provide to the troop opportunities for service to our organization.
- To the broader scouting community, provide outreach in the form of merit badge counseling, scout-oriented programming (scout focused open house? pinewood derby build night?, support for eagle projects that may touch on Maker skills).
- The goal is to remain cash neutral (the troop should handle their own finances, and any classes should also charge sufficient to cover costs) but a small budget line to cover unforeseen expenses, seed projects, and offer scholarship to needy individuals for Makersmiths based scout programs is a goal.
- Explore offering to send a Troop 251 scout to NYLT each year, once we have the money.
- Engage with the Girl Scouting community within MS and outwards.
For future meeting:
Pick up on the merit badge program - run a pilot wood working merit badge course, under Mike Werling, with support from the rest of the committee, use a couple scouts from 1159, 251, or 163 to test it out and tune from there.
Plan to carve out a consistent time for scouting activities to occur at the space.
Engage Rob Shirley to teach metalworking merit badge, composite materials, possibly help with others.