Time and Location:
8:45pm at Makersmiths' Leesburg location 106 Royal Street
Loudoun County Tax Exemption Application(John D)
Problem: The documents listed below are needed to complete Makersmiths' application for tax exemption with Loudoun County. Only Item 5 requires Board approval.
- The determination of exemption as a 501(c)(3).
- Tax filing for 2015 (postcard format) and the 2016 IRS Tax filing (detailed).
- Income/Expense Statement and/or Financial Filings-refer to IRS Form 1023 Page 9 which sets forth Revenues and Expenses for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Mission Statement-Although set forth in IRS Form 1023 and Articles of Incorporation this will be supplemented in a separate document.
- A copy of Board Minutes Authorizing Signatory Authority for filing the application will be supplemented.
- Statement of Justification will not be a separate document. The IRS Application Narrative will serve as this document. A copy of our IRS Narrative wil
Solution: Adopt resolution authorizing any Makersmiths Officer or Board Member Signatory Authority for the filing of the Loudoun County tax exemption application.
Relevance: n/a :
Cancel Royal Street HVAC repair quote allocation (Mark M)
Problem: $500 was allocated to obtain repair quotes on for the HVAC system at 106 Royal Street. A&A Heating and Air Conditioning was called in and they diagnosed and fixed the system as a donation.
Solution: Adopt resolution canceling the $500 allocation of funds for the HVAC repair quote for the 106 Royal Street facility.
Royal Street Tenant Fit-up (Mark M)
Problem: $500 is needed for Tenant Fit-up at 106 Royal Street.
Solution: Adopt resolution allocating $500 for Tenant Fit-up for the 106 Royal Street location.
Relevance: Necessary to ready the space for member use for making things.
Honorary Membership(Brad H)
Problem: The board wants to recognize Ted Roach for his amazing support, friendship and goodwill towards Makersmiths.
Solution: Adopt resolution giving Ted Roach an Honorary Membership to Makersmiths.
8:45pm Call to Order
Cancel Royal Street HVAC repair quote allocation
Royal Street Tenant Fit-up
|Status||Item Description||Responsible Party|
Approved Spending Tracking:
|$500||Tenant Fit-up for Royal Street||General|