This meeting will be held in Modified SRC3 format.
Time and Location:
July 25, 2018 at 7:00PM at 106 Royal Street NE, Leesburg, VA
Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.
Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via Slack. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the consent agenda items is 48 hours prior to the meeting. Please note, agenda items (Consent, New, or Old) that request spending $250 or more must include a section on "Relevance to our tax exempt purpose".
CA1 Committee Name Change (John)
Problem: The Training/events committee would like to change their name to the Scheduling committee. This name better reflects the nature of the committee and avoids confusion with a future training committee.
Solution: Change the committee name to the Scheduling Committee
Relevance to our tax exempt status: None
Motion: Change the name of the Training/events committee to the Scheduling Committee
Noted that Meeting Minutes for the last 3 meeting were included in this agenda for approval
New Member Orientation Committee (Chairperson John Dubelko)
Membership Committee (Chairperson Jessie M)
Social Outreach Committee: (Chairperson Jessie M)
Leesburg Facility Committee (Chairperson Brad Hess)
- Brad talked to Ted who informed him that someone looked at roof for replacement due to the number and frequency of leaks.
- Work Day needed at Leesburg. Brad asked Mark to make announcement at next members meeting
Purcellville Facility Committee (Chairperson Tom Hill)
- Need Report on remaining liabilities from Kickstarter and Grand Opening Tool Sponsorships (New Business from prior Board meeting)
- lower building readiness is moving along. LED lights installed, painting planned for next weekend, starting electrical on equipment
- high level of interest for welding shop functionality
- None of $5K allocation has been spent
Scheduling Committee (Chairperson John D)
- Form for scheduling coming soon
Special Projects Committee (Chairperson Mike Werling)
There are several events for the fall that need event chairs.
- Bluemont Fair
- Invitation from Vanessa at Economic Development to participate in Manufacturing Day event, on October 5th. (Mark)
- Invitation from Town of Leesburgs 'Arts in the Alley' event, September 22, 10 to 6 in downtown Leesburg. (Mark)
- Loudoun Economic Development Event
- HamFest on 8/5.
- Refer to the committee Wiki page for 2018 Events and Projects for links and other details.
- Habitat for Humanity would like Makersmith's help in making 2x2 planter boxes. More to come later
Signage Committee (Chairperson Mark Millsap)
- Brad working on wall sign. Needs 2-3 weeks for sign.
OB1 Copier (John D)
Problem: The space’s current color copier/printer is not very reliable and is being maintained with member labor and donations. The space will need to fund the replacement of parts and tone very soon. Copier maintenance is not really a “maker” endeavor and is taking resources away from Makersmiths core mission.
Solution: The attached analysis would suggest that a less risky approach to having a laser color copier would be to setup a maintenance contract with a company that will donate a new color copier to the space. All labor, parts and toner would be provided as part of the maintenance agreement. The space would only be responsible for paper. 2018-05-26 Copier BCA.pptx
Relevance to our tax exempt status:
Proposed Motion: Execute Copier contract
7:13 Call to Order
- Motion Pass/Fail: Passed via Consent Agenda
Approved Spending Tracking: