Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time and Location:


December 18, 2019 at 7:00PM at 785  S.20th . Street, Purcellville, VA

Consent Agenda


Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via Slack. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the consent agenda items is 48 hours prior to the meeting. Please note, agenda items (Consent, New, or Old) that request spending $250 or more must include a section on "Relevance to our tax exempt purpose".

CA1 Description (Submitter's Jessica Maloney

Problem: I need to step down as chair of the New Member Orientation Committee due to family life

Solution: I propose combining New Member Orientation with the Membership Committee. This way one committee takes care of all the on boarding and there is no confusion. I will transfer all files and slides over to Mark Millsap and make sure the transition is seamless. 

Relevance to our tax exempt status: none. 

Motion: I motion that Jessee Maloney be taken off the roster as chair of the New Member Orientation Committee and that the Committee be blended with the Membership Committee which Mark Millsap is chair of.  

Officer Reports:


Chairman 

Secretary:  None

Treasurer

Financial Statement


Member Reports:



Committee Reports:


New Member Orientation Committee (Chairperson Jessica Maloney)

Membership Committee (ChairpersonMark R Millsap)

Social Outreach Committee:  (Chairperson Jessica Maloney)

Leesburg Facility Committee (Chairperson Brad Hess)

Purcellville Facility Committee (Chairperson Tom Hill)

Scheduling Committee (Chairperson Diane DeMott Painter)

No committee meeting in December but the following actions were taken by committee members:

  1. Jennifer Chu programmed iPads to add red tool classes and other recurring events that have a fee.
  2. Diane added to the WA schedule red tool classes for Jan and Feb in MS-L
  3. For Computer Science Education Week, Diane Painter and Ralph Pugh hosted two open houses on Dec. 14 for LCPS coding students. Thirteen families attended.
  4. We need members of our committee who will attend each month's meeting to help us double-check dates, times, etc. on the Events and Calendar section of WA. The next meeting is at MS-L Jan. 28 at 7PM.

Special Projects Committee (Chairperson Mike Werling)

Welding Committee (Chairperson Arthur 'Skip' Smith)

Newsletter Committee (Chairperson Erin Werling)

IT Committee (Chairperson Michael James)

Video Committee (Chairperson Adam "Squirrl" McClintock)

Environmental and Safety Committee (Chairperson David Lang)

  • Wiki page created
  • Danger tags and lock-out locks received
    • Locks: 2 for MS-L, 2 for MS-P, 2 for Committee Chair (all keyed the same)
    • Policy and procedure to be drafted

Custom Frame Shop Committee (Chairperson Anthony Lesink)

  • Wiki page created
  • Demolition of space (removal of extraneous wall and ceiling mounted equipment and devices) complete

Old Business:


OB1 Custom Frame Shop Phased Approach (@Anthony Lesink)

Problem: On Dec 1st the BoD requested a phased approach to the build-out of the Custom Frame Shop at MS-P

Solution: Provide a phased approach (see attached)

Relevance to our tax exempt status: N/A

Proposed Motion: Approve the phased approach

New Business:


NB1 Description (John Dubelko )

Problem:  New Budget is need for FY20

Solution:  See Attached

Relevance to our tax exempt status:  

Proposed Motion:  Pass the Draft FY20 Budget 

NB2 Custom Frame Shop Equipment Loan (David Lang

Problem: The Custom Frame Shop does not have all the needed equipment nor funds to purchase equipment

Solution: Accept the attached loan offer

Relevance to our tax exempt status: N/A

Proposed Motion: Accept the attached loan offer

NB3 Makersmiths Radio Club Proposal (David Lang

Problem: Makersmiths is missing an opportunity to support local radio, electronics, and STEM activities

Solution: Establish a Makersmiths Amateur Radio Club

Relevance to our tax exempt status: Supports community STEM education and emergency communications

Proposed Motion: Approve the attached proposal

Adjournment

Minutes: 


==Minutes=

7:15PM  Call to Order
Attendance:

NamePositionBoard ClassRoll  Call
Brad Hess (Brad Hess)
Board Member, Chairperson

2

Excused
Brandon Bullis (Brandon Bullis)
Board Member, Secretary1Present
Dave Painter (David Painter)
Board Member3Present
James Waldron (James Waldron)
Board Member2Present
Mark Millsap (Mark R Millsap)
Board Member3Present
Erin Werling (Erin Werling)
Board Member1Present
Michael James (Michael James)
Board Member1Excused


====
***CONSENT AGENDA - ***
Passed by consensus


**OLD BUSINESS**

OB1 Topic
- AS WRITTEN:  Custom Frame Shop Phased Approach (Anthony Lesink  
- DISCUSSION:
  - Speakers:  There was a lot of discussion about what the needed budget would be to clean up and fix the lower building to make it a suitable space to inhabit 
  - After much discussion about specifics to what was needed, the board and participating members settled in on $3500.
- Motion: Approve $3500 to buildout Lower Building rooms designated as Frame Shop.
   - Proposed by:  Mark R Millsap
   - Seconded by:  Brandon Bullis
-Call for vote
   -  In favor:  Unanimous
   -  Opposed:  None
   -  Abstain:  None
   -  Motion Pass/Fail:  PASS


**NEW BUSINESS**

NB1 Topic:  New Budget is Needed for FY20

Item pushed to January Board Meeting.


NB2:  Custom Frame Shop Equipment Loan
- AS WRITTEN:  "Accept the attached loan offer"
- DISCUSSION:
  - Speakers:  Board generally liked the idea of the accepting the equipment loan but had concerns about the specifics on how the proposed agreement worked.  Guidance was given and David Lang was going to go back to offeror and see if alternative deals could be negotiated. Item will be brought back to board in future.
- Item Failed to bring Vote.
  

Motion: Approve $3500 to buildout Lower Building rooms designated as Frame Shop.
   - Proposed by:  Brandon Bullis  
   - Seconded by:  James Waldron  
-Call for vote
   -  In favor:  Unanimous
   -  Opposed:  None
   -  Abstain:  None
   -  Motion Pass/Fail:  PASS

3:  Radio Club

NB3 Makersmiths Radio Club Proposal (David Lang

  •  As Written Motion: Approve the attached proposal

-Discussion:

Speakers:

Brandon Bullis :  Wanted to know the difference between and "Club" and "Committee" and was told there really isn't any difference.

====

Next meeting set for 1/29/2020 at 7:00PM at 106 Royal Street NE, Leesburg, VA


8:27PM Meeting called to close

Action Items:


StatusItem DescriptionResponsible Party
  •  


  •  


  •  


  •  


  •  


Approved Spending Tracking: 


AmountToFrom















  • No labels