Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time and Location:


August 26, 2020 7:00PM at Virtual COVID-19 Meeting

Consent Agenda


Newly proposed agenda items appear in the consent agenda. Any member present at the meeting may pull an item out of the consent agenda for discussion, at which point it goes under "New Business". If nobody objects to the solutions presented by the consent agenda, everything in the consent agenda passes by consensus. Items that have more than one proposed solution should be moved to the "New Business" section.

Any member may edit this wiki page and place an item on the agenda. However, discussion of agenda items should be done via Slack. The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the consent agenda items is 48 hours prior to the meeting. Please note, agenda items (Consent, New, or Old) that request spending $250 or more must include a section on "Relevance to our tax exempt purpose".

CA1 Wiki Hosting (Brad Hess Brad Hess )

Problem: Makersmiths Wiki hosting has expired as of June 2020.  I have paid the last 2 months at 120 per month

Solution: Spend no more then 300.00 to purchase a PC and host the wiki at my house.  I have the bandwidth and ability to host easily.  We can also put at Makersmiths in the closet if we feel the internet has been stable enough.  This will save us from having to host remotely.  The advantage to hosting at my house verse makersmiths would be that I can locally backup.  Up for discussion on where the server resides.  I have already identified a computer and tested installing everything and it works well.

Relevance to our tax exempt status: None

Motion:  Approval to spend no more then $300 to purchase a small PC to host the wiki.  

Officer Reports:


Chairman 

Secretary 

Treasurer

Financial Statement


Member Reports:



Committee Reports:


New Member Orientation Committee (Chairperson Jessica Maloney)

Membership Committee (ChairpersonMark R Millsap)

Social Outreach Committee:  (Chairperson Jessica Maloney)

Leesburg Facility Committee (Chairperson Brad Hess)

Purcellville Facility Committee (Chairperson Tom Hill)

Scheduling Committee (Chairperson Diane DeMott Painter)

Special Projects Committee (Chairperson Mike Werling)

Welding Committee (Chairperson Arthur 'Skip' Smith)

Newsletter Committee (Chairperson Erin Werling)

IT Committee (Chairperson Michael James)

Video Committee (Chairperson Adam "Squirrl" McClintock)

Custom Frame Shop Committee (Chairperson Anthony Lesink)

Radio Club Committee (Chairperson Allon Stern )

Old Business:


None

New Business:


NB1 Wheelchair Ramp Leesburg  (John Dubelko )

Problem: There is no wheelchair assess at Leesburg. The back door is the most logical place for a wheelchair ramp.  The rise is 20"so a ADA compliant ramp would need to be around 20ft.  

Solution: A partial solution would be to have a portable 10ft ramp available.  Although not within the ADA standards, this would allow a person in a wheelchair access to Leesburg with some assistance. An added benefit would be that the ramp could be used to move around some small machinery and supplies.

  

Relevance to our tax exempt status: none

Proposed Motion:  Allow up to $500 be used to purchase a portable wheelchair ramp that can fit the back door of the Leesburg facility. 

NB2 Small Business Award (Melissa Kowalski)

Problem:  Present Loudoun Chamber's Small Business Award (nonprofit category) Package as completed to this point.  

- need answers to the questions previously shown, including explanations for any No answers

- earlier this week, Diane Painter provided Board Members with a link and ability to edit the visual aid that will accompany the package

- I can provide the most current version of the word document with answers to the other questions (not the yes/no questions) in the package

- these materials need to be looked at by the Board to assure accuracy and for further input of materials and information with which I am unfamiliar  

- due date for this package is Friday 28 Aug

Solution:  Answer questions, review visual aid. review word doc.

Relevance to our tax exempt status:

Proposed Motion:  Give authorization to submit this to Loudoun Small Business Awards when completed

NB3 Plasma Table (Brad Hess Brad Hess )

Problem: Makersmiths has a plasma table that is non-functioning

Solution: Purchase the electronics to make the Plasma table functional.  This will include:  Control Card, Stepper Drives, Wiring, Power Supply and Torch Height Control.  This will be the same electronics setup that is currently running the Big Red machine and the estimated cost is $1500.00.   My initial thought given that the table lives outside under the shed would be that all the electronics live in a Pelican case that is rolled out to the machine when it is in use.  This would also require extension cords for the plasma and control system.  I will donate a laptop that will be able to run Mach 4.  After a number of talks with people both at the space, friends with tables and also online forums I think our best short term course of action is to build the machine so that it uses the existing handle held torch and then look at upgrading to a machine torch in a future state.

Relevance to our tax exempt status: None

Motion: Approve a fund raising campaign to raise $1,500 to get the plasma table back up and running using the current plasma cutter.  This will be a 1-1 match in that every dollar donated will be matched by 1-1 up to a max of $750 from the makersmiths general funds.  Any donations above the $750 will be applied towards additional plasma expenses.



NB4 Full Member Application (John Dubelko )

Problem: Member requesting to upgrade

Solution: Ed Gabb requests the benefits of full members. He writes "I would like to become a full member so I can access the full range of capabilities at either facility without having to bother other members and be able to support other associate members by opening the facilities for them as has been done for me"

Relevance to our tax exempt status: None

Motion: Approve Ed Gabb to full member

Adjournment

Minutes: 


==Minutes=

TTTT Call to Order
Attendance:

NamePositionBoard ClassRoll Call
Brad Hess (Brad Hess)
Board Member, Chairperson

2

Present
Brandon Bullis (Brandon Bullis)
Board Member, Secretary1Present
Dave Painter (David Painter)
Board Member3Present
James Waldron (James Waldron)
Board Member2Present
Mark Millsap (Mark R Millsap)
Board Member3Excused
Erin Werling (Erin Werling)
Board Member1Present
Michael James (Michael James)
Board Member1Unexcused


====
***CONSENT AGENDA - ***
Passed by consensus


**OLD BUSINESS**

OB1 Topic
- AS WRITTEN: 
- DISCUSSION:
  - Speaker1:
  - Speaker2:
- Motion:
   - Proposed by 
   - Seconded by
-Call for vote
   -  In favor
   -  Opposed
   -  Abstain
   -  Motion Pass/Fail


**NEW BUSINESS**

NB1 Topic
- AS WRITTEN: 
- DISCUSSION:
  - Speaker1:
  - Speaker2:
- Motion:
   - Proposed by 
   - Seconded by
-Call for vote
   -  In favor
   -  Opposed
   -  Abstain
   -  Motion Pass/Fail
====

Next meeting set for September 30, 2020 7:00PM at Virtual COVID-19 Meeting


TTTT Meeting called to close

Action Items:


StatusItem DescriptionResponsible Party
  •  


  •  


  •  


  •  


  •  


Approved Spending Tracking: 


AmountToFrom















  • No labels